Earth Wisdom Immersion
A partnership between ecology of awakening and Pachamama alliance!
We live in a time where modern science is helping us rediscover what our ancestors knew: that the same creative force which brought forth the stars and Redwoods is also coursing through, and informing, each one of us. If we are to express our fullest potential and create resilient, thriving communities for future generations, it is essential that we free ourselves from the predominant story of separation, and open to what our ancestors knew: that we are an inherent part of the larger unfolding that brought us forth.
While similar in focus and structure to the Awakening Immersion, the Earth Wisdom Immersion particularly draws from contemporary and ancient Earth-based wisdom traditions to support an embodied experience of what it is to live into our true inheritance, intimately connected to each other and the whole Earth community. Kerry Brady, founder and director of Ecology of Awakening, and David Tucker, director of Pachamama Journeys, weave together their years of experience in both South and North America to support direct engagement with that which seeks to awaken and guide us. By coming together in community and engaging in mutually reflective encounters with the land and with each other, we will create a vibrant ecology that invites us to listen and respond to the way life speaks to each of us. In this mysterious and fertile ground, we gain access and insight into how our unique expression and gifts fit into the deep needs of our time.
For five days we live in the rolling coastal hills of Occidental, CA in a spectacular endemic ecosystem marked by abundant wildlife, active waterfalls, coastal prairie meadows, old-growth fir and oak woodlands that dwell in serpentine soils. We will dance with council practice, solo time on the land, nature-based processes, listening meditation, inner and outer tracking, dream-work, somatic resiliency work, ceremony and other time-proven practices and processes that usher us towards dissolving our borders and discovering our deepest identity and belonging. Joining us is master biologist and naturalist, Brock Dolman, who will support us in skillfully bridging the macro and micro realms, deepening our connection with and understanding of nature’s brilliance. Our fabulous chef, Nora, will nourish us with local, organic meals and her beaming presence!
Note: This is an all-camping retreat. A limited number of special accommodations (with pre-set up, roomy tents with padded cots) are available, on a first come-first served basis for an extra $25/night for non-inclined campers or those with physical limitations. We seek to make this retreat available to all who are called: please note that you do not need to be in top physical shape to attend! We will provide a list of equipment upon enrollment and can assist you with where to buy or borrow equipment if needed. Our basecamp is within walking distance from cars.
Dates & Location
Monday, May 14, 12:00 PM - Friday, May 18, 1:00 PM, 2018; Private Reserve, Occidental, CA
Maximum Number: 16
Tuition: $1,250, *Scholarship Support
Tuition includes all course instruction, guide support, private reserve fees, basic tent camping, as well as local, organic breakfasts and dinners prepared by our fabulous chef, Nora. Participants are responsible for their own lunches, snacks and tea. There is a full outdoor kitchen available to aid with food preparation.
* Our programs are enriched by a diversity of participants. To this end, we are committed to offering scholarship support to those who feel called and are currently of limited financial means. Access to partial scholarships is contingent on the amount available, so best to inquire early. We take into account each individual circumstance and do our best to support each person’s needs in addition to our own. Scholarships are partial in that we expect you to pay what you can afford with the hope that we can make up the difference. Please note that scholarship money is for program tuition and does not cover travel or extra food costs. The scholarship fund exists due to the generosity of the larger Ecology of Awakening community, for which we are most grateful. To request scholarship support, please fill out the following form: Scholarship Application Form
To reserve your space, you'll need to send us a $350 non-refundable deposit or full payment for the program. There are two ways to pay: check or credit card. Please note, if you choose to pay by credit card, a 3% processing fee will be applied. We encourage paying by check if possible. To register by check, make it out to Commonweal and send your check for the deposit amount or the full tuition to Commonweal, attn: EOA, PO Box 316, Bolinas, CA 94924.
To register, please click on the REGISTER ME NOW! button below and follow the process for registration. The process will take place in a new Tab and will take you approximately 10 mins to complete:
- Choose whether you will pay only the deposit or the total tuition. Note: if you will be paying by check, your place will be held for ten days or until we receive you payment. If we do not receive payment within ten days of your registration your spot will be forfeited.
- Fill out some basic information.
- Read the Waiver and Cancellation Policy paragraphs and check that you agree to each.
- Press the Checkout button.
- Select a Checkout Option. (Individual or Organization)
- Login (to Fundly) or Signup.
- In the following screen, apply a Coupon/Scholarship Code if you have received one from EOA.
- Fill in your billing address and credit card information.
- Optionally, you can add the card on file if you like for future use.
Once you complete the online form, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to our health questionnaire. Your place will be secured once we receive your registration form, deposit and your completed health form. Please keep an eye out for this confirmation email and questionnaire link in your email inbox, and let us know if you do not receive it. Feel free to email us at info[@]ecologyofawakening.org if you have any issues.
Registered participants will receive a welcome package with preparation information including suggested reading and helpful practices to engage in before we meet as a group. Please note that if you hold your spot with a deposit, any remaining tuition balance is due 30 days prior to the start of the program.