All of the issues that afflict and oppress us, both personally and collectively, stem from a mistaken yet persistent belief that we are separate from the dynamic, self-organizing intelligence of the whole. As things "heat up" in the outer world, literally and figuratively, the depth of our ability to ‘awaken’ to our deepest identity and place within the larger unfolding web of life, may contribute more than we know to the healing of our culture's increasingly destructive dissociation from the Earth and each other.
The Immersion supports an embodied shift, out of what is conditioned and separate, into what is ever-evolving and connected with all life. This movement involves ‘awakening from’ certain aspects of our lives - our identities, roles, beliefs, divisions (inner and outer), the worldview that shaped us, etc - as well as ‘awakening to’ other aspects, too varied and vast to name. Each new layer seen through and embodied allows for a clearer expression of that which wants to live through us, through all of our actions - with each other, within how we serve and within ourselves.
We will give particular attention to navigating the various phases of awakening, including:
- ‘Waking up’ - out of our personal self; into our deepest essence and inherent connection with the whole
- Emotional clearing - navigating through the dismantling of our personal and collective conditioning
- Embodying our uniqueness in the world
The invitation is to an active engagement with the constant whisperings within and without, and to live with a more intimate and conscious encounter with the world at large. In this fertile space, we come to discover our simultaneous undivided unity with existence as well as the unique expression that seeks to realize itself through each one of us for the good of the whole. In the end, we will dance with the way life, in its unerring intelligence, is always working with us in a perfect call and response.
For five days we live in the rolling coastal hills of Occidental, CA in a spectacular ecosystem marked by active waterfalls, coastal prairie meadows, old-growth fir and oak woodlands that dwell in serpentine soils. We will draw from the new sciences, nature-based processes, listening meditation, inner and outer tracking, dream-work, somatic resiliency work, council, ceremony and other time-tested processes that usher us towards dissolving our borders and discovering our deepest belonging. Through the impassioned lens of biologist and naturalist Brock Dolman, we will deepen into what it is to become more 'life literate' by immersing ourselves in the micro and macro perspective of our place within the larger Earth community. Our fabulous chef, Nora, will nourish us with local, organic meals and her beaming presence!
Note: This is an all-camping retreat. A limited number of special accommodations (with pre-set up, roomy tents with padded cots) are available, on a first come-first serve basis for an extra $25/night for non-inclined campers or those with physical limitations. We seek to make this retreat available to all who are called: please note that you do not need camping experience or to be in top physical shape to attend! We will provide a list of equipment upon enrollment and can assist you with where to buy or borrow supplies if needed. Our basecamp is within walking distance from our cars.
Dates & Location
Wednesday, August 1, 12:00 PM - Sunday, August 5, 1:00 PM, 2018; Private Reserve, Occidental, CA
Maximum Number: 16
Tuition: $995, *Scholarship Support
Tuition includes all course instruction, guide support, private reserve fees, basic tent camping, as well as local, organic breakfasts and dinners prepared by our fabulous chef, Nora. Participants are responsible for their own lunches, snacks and tea. There is a full outdoor kitchen available to aid with food preparation.
* Our programs are enriched by a diversity of participants. To this end, we are committed to offering scholarship support to those who feel called and are currently of limited financial means. Access to partial scholarships is contingent on the amount available, so best to inquire early. We take into account each individual circumstance and do our best to support each person’s needs in addition to our own. Scholarships are partial in that we expect you to pay what you can afford with the hope that we can make up the difference. Please note that scholarship money is for program tuition and does not cover travel or extra food costs. The scholarship fund exists due to the generosity of the larger Ecology of Awakening community, for which we are most grateful. To request scholarship support, please fill out our Scholarship Application Form.
To reserve your space, please send us a $350 non-refundable deposit (or full payment) for the program. There are two ways to pay: check or credit card. Please note, if you choose to pay by credit card, a 3% processing fee will be applied. We encourage paying by check if possible. To register by check, make your check out to Commonweal and send to Commonweal, attn: EOA, PO Box 316, Bolinas, CA 94924.
Once you complete the online form, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to our health questionnaire. Your place will be secured once we receive your registration form, deposit and your completed health form. Please keep an eye out for this confirmation email and questionnaire link in your email inbox, and let us know if you do not receive it. Feel free to email us at info[@]ecologyofawakening.org if you have any issues.
Below are detailed instructions, if needed, to lead you through the registration process. Once you click on the REGISTER NOW button the registration process will take place in a new Tab and will take you approximately 10 mins to complete:
- Choose whether you will pay only the deposit or the total tuition. Note: if you will be paying by check, your place will be held for ten days or until we receive you payment. If we do not receive payment within ten days of your registration your spot will be forfeited.
- Fill out some basic information.
- Read the Waiver and Cancellation Policy paragraphs and check that you agree to each.
- Press the Checkout button.
- Select a Checkout Option. (Individual or Organization)
- Login (to Fundly) or Signup (You can also check out as a guest without signing up for Fundly).
- In the following screen, apply a Coupon/Scholarship Code if you have received one from EOA.
- Fill in your billing address and credit card information (if you are paying by credit card).
- Optionally, you can add the card on file if you like for future use.
Registered participants will receive a welcome package with preparation information including suggested reading and helpful practices to engage in before we meet as a group. Please note that if you hold your spot with a deposit, any remaining tuition balance is due 30 days prior to the start of the program.